Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks;

What can you-all tell me about the Condor Supreme Deluxe O/U 12g shotgun? I'm looking for the final word on whether to buy one or not as an economical alternative to the spendy Berettas, Rugers, etc. for just occasional trap and Grouse-getting.

I have searched this and other forums, and have found quite a lot of info (some good some bad).

The good reports seem to outnumber the bad ones by a reasonable amount, so obviously there is some success using these guns. Anyways, I am just a casual trap shooter, maybe twice a month, and I been eyeing all the grouse we have around the cabin. I just like doubles for some reason, so I'm not considering semis or pumps right now.

cheers 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just saw the post and $584.99 for the Condor I from Gagonsports.com. Dicks Sporting Goods had a sale flyer with a price of $299.98. Not sure how long the sale lasts though. Should I get one :?:
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget Dicks is US$ and Gagnon is CDN$.

that makes it pretty close.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For occaisional trap and grouse, find a used SKB, Citori, Winchester 101, Daly-Miroku or Beretta. They will be in that price range IF you look for 2 3/4" fixed choke guns. That is all you would need for those applications. They are better made and will last you longer. Besides, they are already broken in. With light use, a new O/U won't be broken in for 10 years!!

I'm basically in the same boat as you and have been looking in the used market. I also duck and goose hunt so I might splurge for a 3" model but the guns mentioned can be had in the right price range if you are patient and look in the right places. The advice above is paraphased from responses to a post I wrote on another site.

http://***********/ubb/ultimatebb.php?u ... 1;t=009163

Sean

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recently purchased one of the base model Condors from Dick's Sporting Goods at $299.00. It basically is what it is, a $300.00 shotgun. Meaning that they had 6 in stock and I looked each over very carefully, some had horrible, horrible wood and others did not have as good metal to wood fit as others. I tried to pick the best of the bunch and have put about 500 rounds through it so far. I have experienced no problems with mine and it seems to shoot pretty true.

The only complaints that I have with it are the wood (leaves a LOT to be desired) and the craftsmanship/materials just aren't as good as those offered by more upscale manufacturers. Then again, it was a $300.00 shotgun. Like in most things, you get what you pay for, to a point.

I would recommend the gun to someone who was extremely budget conscious and can look past the imperfections.

One more thing, the chokes are interchangeable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.