Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a reader of this forum for along time and now I need the advise of you experts.
I cannot locate a front sling mount for a SxS shotgun any longer.
A few years ago I got one for a baikal SxS from uncle mikes
and it was a easy drill and tap install. But now the uncle mikes or mikes of oregon web site just isnt any help.
Could some of you share any info or advise where I might locate one.
I have looked at midway and brownells but had no luck either
they probably have one I just cant find the one for a SxS
Thanks Spry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently found an Uncle Mike's set for side by side guns in a local shop. The package is marked Set # 1491-1, QD 115 DSG. Pretty sure they're not making them anymore, but if you go out on your favorite search engine with QD 115 DSG, you may come across somebody willing to sell one. I'm planning to put the one I found on a Remington SPR 220 (Baikal). I've read a post or two indicating they can cause problems with the barrels/center rib loosening, but you also commonly see older guns advertised on line with these or something similar mounted. This gun seems pretty solidly put together, so I'll probably try it. :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you remove the forend and scratch the rib/barrel joint with a sharp pointed instrument, it will show the color of the solder used for joining them. If it shows a brassy color it is the high temp silver braze, and should not run any risk of coming loose.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
I know Brownells and Midway both sell the Uncle Mike's mounts you are referring to; I have installed 4 myself. One is on a Stoeger Uplander.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts