Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a stoeger uplander today and was wonedering how good would this gun be in 16 or 20 gauge for upland hunting. I want a good side by side but i don't have a lot of money :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Get the 12 gauge in this gun. All the gauges are built of the 12 gauge frame, so the speed advantages you would have with the smaller gauges don't exist.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
SidebySidefan--

In doubles, especially SXS's you generally get what you pay for. Stoeger's are ok, but if I were you, I'd save up some more and buy a really good one. Just my .02 (I'm saving now :lol: )

Jeff23

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hi,

I owned one for several years. They are a decent well made shotgun. thashooter is right about the frame size though. They are all 12ga frames, and the weight is virtually identical for all gauges. Can't blame them though, tooling to manufacture different frames would be expensive. So they tend to be a bit heavy for gauge.

Think of them as a modern version of the Savage/Stevens 311 or any number of old hardware store brands. Not fancy, but servicable and utilititarian. Made to be used and abused.

Dale

G

·
I have one that is around 10 years old. It is a 28 gauge and is built on a very small frame. Great little skeet gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts