Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a new Benelli SBEII and having to sell it due to major cycling problems within the first 4 months and less than 1000 rounds, that the company said nothing was wrong with (after 3 trips back to them,which shipping paid by me) ...sold it after 6 months and took over a $1000 loss.

Then decided to try a new Xtrema2 with kick-off....the gun no matter what choke, load, the gun hit 1 1/2' to the left at 40yrds...we also shimmed it to try and compensate, but it didn't fit me right after that

It too found another home..and yet another whopping $1200 loss..

Looking here on Shotgunworld and finding others reporting of the same issues(I believe it was spring06?) with the Beretta as I was experiencing due to thin barrel wall thickness..

I'd love to own another Xtrema2......has the company made any signifigant changes to rectify the problem?

Thank you all in advance :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are you left eye dominant and inadvertently aiming with your cross eye? Has another shooter tried the gun? I don't mean to imply a lack of experience, just a thought.

A foot and a half would basically put you all the way off the patterning board... That's pretty extreme.

Not that it helps you, but I just bought one a month ago, and it is straight.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Good luck. I had an Extrema 2 that shot 1/2 pattern left at 20 yards benched or freehand, regardless of shooter with the barrel cold or hot. Other than that, a great gun.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had no issues with my Xtrema 2. I also don't pattern my guns though, so who knows what would of showed up on a patterning board. Have you considered trying out a browning gold/silver or a winchester X3?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Xtrema2 I owned was a 26" barrel and 2 of my friends (who are seasoned shooters) shot that gun with the same results..left!

I'm shooting a new benelli super sport (30")and a winchester super X2 (26")and they both hit where they are pointed which was my understanding with any shotgun upwards of $2000...(with regards to the Beretta xtrema2)

Remeber guys, up here in Canada we don't buy our guns as cheap as you folks south of the border :D

So, I'm not the only Xtrema2 owner that had the same experiences..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Worc: i'll be sure to let you know, next time I go to sell a gun off! :D

Believe me, I hate selling guns after I've bought them, its cost me money, but when gun dealers and distributors tell me there's nothing they can't do to retify the problem, what's a guy to do.. :cry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts