Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on having a gunsmith do a periodic strip and clean on a shotgun that has 1500-2000 rounds per year of upland game hunting/clays run thru it and assuming regular cleaning after use?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I do it myself unless it's gun I'm nor sure about?? most of my are pump/autos except one eighty plus year old sxs............................that I will leave to a gunsmith! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
777 Posts
YouTube has videos on how to field strip, clean and lube just about every gun out there and they are quite often made using qualified (sometimes factory) gunsmiths. I like taking things apart and learning how they fit and work together. I don't think you can over clean any mechanical device if you know what you are doing. If you are shy about DIY stuff it's still a good idea to have a gunsmith periodically do it for you...once a year or so.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I did construction for 23 years before becoming a stock maker. I wish I had a nickel for all the wives that belittled their husbands for not being handy. Meanwhile the guy was bringing home big bucks and providing a nice home for his family. There is no shame in accepting ones abilities. If a guy knows taking his gun apart is not going to go well then so be it. In the meantime I promise not to represent my self in court or do surgery on myself. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.