Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how to get a forearm off that has swelled up without trashing it. Me in my infinite wisdom went shooting today in the rain and in my haste didn't wipe down my gun after I was done :roll: :evil: . Any ideas would be appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
sounds like all you can do now is set it out by one of the heat registers and check it every couple hours....ya should of went to the poochie/rocko gun show instead of shooting on such a miserable day.... :lol:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Yeah, gunut 1 is right - heat register. I would add the suggestion to let it dry slowly - too fast might crack it.

Once it's off, linseed oil it.

Nothing wrong with hunting in the rain!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I suspect that when 'dried out' and you are able to get the forend off you will find that the forend wood is bearing directly on the barrels. Also if the gun has had a lot of use it will show some wear on the bluing.

My pet peeve is that most of the doubles sold have not had the forend wood properly fitted; should be able to slip a thin sheet of paper between the wood and the barrels when assembled.

i

·
Registered
488 Posts
olgrouse said:
Any ideas on how to get a forearm off that has swelled up without trashing it. Me in my infinite wisdom went shooting today in the rain and in my haste didn't wipe down my gun after I was done :roll: :evil: . Any ideas would be appreciated.

Paul
I love my plastic stock!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I've done everything I can outside of taking a sawzall to it. It's like my wife snuck in with a bottle of superglue and solved my "guncleaning" nights.

I'm at the point now that I think the release might be fudged up. I can depress the plunger and it will come off the barrell at the nose about a 1/16th, but "feels" to still be locked on the barrell lug.

Any other ideas? :? :evil: :?

Paul

RAG059.....Sampson was awesome!!!!! Once a year while I was in gradeschool we got to go behind the scenes at the zoo. Sampson was always the highlight of the whole fieldtrip. He usually would throw something at the group if he thought you weren't paying attention to him. : :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.