Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... between the Mossberg 500, 590 and 590A1?

I thought that ALL 590s had the metal trigger guard AND the HD barrel?!? What gives?

I can then assume that the difference between the 500 and 590 is just the Speedfeed stock and bayo lug?

Man, what a surprise; I thought I had bought a frigging shotgun WITH metal trigger guard/assembly...

Anyway, can someone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Jorge
San Juan, PR
USA

·
Registered
185 Posts
500 has the synthetic trigger guard and safety...if it makes you feel better, ours have been bouncing around in the trunk of squads for about 10 years without a hint of damage...590 has steel trigger guard and -A1 has no bayonette lug and heavy walled barrel...I am not an expert but I think I am close on these Mossy descriptions...enuff 2 hold u until the others arrive!
Bill 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bill. I could swear that the 590 I bought (with bayo lug) has a plastic trigger guard assembly. The "neat" thing about it was that the dealer sold it to me as HD barrel, but he's a good guy, so I'm going to discuss this with him today.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Jorge

:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Anonymous said:
Thanks, Bill. I could swear that the 590 I bought (with bayo lug) has a plastic trigger guard assembly. The "neat" thing about it was that the dealer sold it to me as HD barrel, but he's a good guy, so I'm going to discuss this with him today.
If in doubt, take a magnet to it. It may be steel with a parkerized finish, which may make it look like plastic. Or it could have been replaced...

-- Sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys!

I went to the dealer, and he exchanged it for a 590A1... "bull" barrel, steel trigger assembly, parkerized, bayo lug... all in all, life is good!

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate your help. :D

Jorge
San Juan, PR
USA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts