Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After following this foum for a bit and using the loads mentioned it occured to me that the reloading forum should have loads listed that mayor may not nessesarily be on a manufacterers site. The loads could be reviewed and others could write comments/reviews on that particular load. This way the guys who do list their loads don't have to keep repeating them to the newer members and loads would be on hand to go back to at later dates. Maybe a 12g, 20g,28 and 410 bore pages for those specific gauges and comments on hulls,wads,primers and powder combinations. I guess it would mean less sifting in the search mode and the gauge page would never leave the the top six or seven subjects on the reloaders front page.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Not a bad idea but so far as I know there's no way to create a sub-forum of a forum. It would require a new category, with forums beneath that.

In my view, this board already has about all the categories/forums anyone can plow through.

A sticky topic on pet loads could be created and would always remain easily accessible at the top of the Reloading Forum.

But that would be up to Jay, the board's owner.

Personally, I've always thought a sticky on reloading tips, tricks and traps you won't find published anywhere would be highly valuable.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I can hear Case's cogs a turnin' all the way hear in NC.....another sticky from Case? Perhaps?

I for one think it's a good idea.

12ga Sticky

410 sticky

so on and so on and...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Having the pet loads listed under a sticky is a great idea. I've learned so much from this forum in the last 6 months about loading it probably shaved 2 or 3 years off the curve. At the gun club I shoot at I still have guys tell me that you have to use HS wads for the HS hulls.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Probably is going to require some sort of disclaimer. However, it is a great idea. I would certainly peruse it.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Cleric said:
Probably is going to require some sort of disclaimer.
Why?

We're all spewing out recipes without disclaimer one all over this forum as if we were certified ballistics engineers. :roll:

Collecting some in a pet loads topic would just give the reader better organized opportunities for blowing himself up. :lol:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Case,
You could fill those stickies now with the work you've done in the last six months on the low lead shells and the 410 load. I've printed off almost all of the load data i've come across and stuck them neatly in my Hodgdon book. I just think it would be nice to have the info right at the top for the people just getting started and others for quick referrel.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Not a bad idea!

You just better watch out for typos! 32grains powder vs 22 grains, could make for some interesting results.. :shock:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
12GA guy Posted: Not a bad idea!

You just better watch out for typos! 32grains powder vs 22 grains, could make for some interesting results..
Yep. I find myself having to edit and preview my posts often. Typing while sleepy could be dangerous for this type of sticky.... :shock:

Still a good idea though. I think the disclaimer should be for Jay's benefit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts