Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The Blue Book says "Entry level model. Discontinued." for a Model 120; it doesn't give production dates, or tell you if it's the same as the 1200, which seems to have been replaced by the 1300. Most of the 1200 variants were produced until '74. The field grade was produced until '81.

Any help out there finding this fellow a barrel?

G

·
The Model 120 was discontinued. It may help in your research to lookup Model 1300 barrels. Some Model 1300 barrels come with full rifling and rifel sights and will fit perfectly with Model 120 shotguns. I pirchased one myself and it is the best gun I own.

G

·
You want a M1300 barrel if you buy one produced TODAY. But try it on your gun first if possible, as there is a slight difference in ejector rails on the M1200 versus M1300 receivers. This is what I ran into when trying to put a M1300 barrel onb a M1200.

The M120 will almost interchange with the M1200, which will almost interchange with the M1300's as well. There are very slight, but still important differences between them. Find a good gunsmith who's real familiar with these guns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 120 and can tell you from experience. Hastings does not make one or anyone else only Winchester and it is for a model 1300 which will work on the model 120. They go new for about $235.00 which is more than I paid for my Model 120 combo new. You can get a 1300 barrel on ebay sometimes but what I did I think is the best way to go. Although mine was very acurate to about 40 yards with Rotweller rifled slugs, I longed to shoot the new sabots. So I sent my barrel to Gander Mountain in Kenosh Wisconsin a rifled slug choke which is 4 inches long cost me $65.00 and the work on the barrel to install it another $80.00 the total was $145.00 to get it done. Now I use the 22 inch barrel with a Turkey choke too. My accuracy with the sabots is good to about 75 yards with 2 inch groups. If you have any questions email me at [email protected]. Good Luck! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.