Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Forum - seeking some advice please.

I purchased a Caesar Guerini Summit Impact Sporting 18 months ago. In Mar this year the Rib adjusting screw broke, whilst I was firing the gun, and the Rib came away. I replaced the screw and all has been good until last week when the screw broke again. Once again whilst firing.

I have not dropped the gun or done anything to cause the screw to break. I have not adjusted the rib since I replaced it.

I was wondering if any others had a similar issue?

· Premium Member
2020 Kolar Max Lite Sporting
27 Posts
This seems like a gun specific issue. I had one with over 10,000 rounds without this issue and I shoot with a guy that has more than 500,000 rounds through his and this has never happened.

· Registered
37 Posts
I am new to the Forum - seeking some advice please.

I purchased a Caesar Guerini Summit Impact Sporting 18 months ago. In Mar this year the Rib adjusting screw broke, whilst I was firing the gun, and the Rib came away. I replaced the screw and all has been good until last week when the screw broke again. Once again whilst firing.

I have not dropped the gun or done anything to cause the screw to break. I have not adjusted the rib since I replaced it.

I was wondering if any others had a similar issue?
I've had the exact gun for many years and have yet to have any issue. Caesar Guerini does have great customer service, though I have barely needed it.

· Premium Member
36 Posts
On side note, I have a 20 gauge Maxum Impact. I've always loved shooting the gun. However, I'd laid off shooting it for some months while having the stock refinished. It's back and looking great once again.

I must not have noticed this earlier but it seems the rib frequently (but not always) vibrates when I load and close the gun; and sometimes when I shoot it.

CG says this is normal for older Impacts but has been eliminated with a damper or redesign on newer guns. Mine was purchased new in 2013. Has anyone fashioned a fix for this?

Otherwise, a great shooting, super low recoil shotgun.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts