Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got an early X-mas present yesterday: a new Super Nova.

I looked it over last night and shot it today at the skeet course. I am very impressed with the gun. I actually hit clay a little better with it than my M2. Although the M2 is much lighter (or at least it feels that way). Probably just new gun accuracy, I suppose.

The gun racked well, shot well and did not kick as bad as I had heard. I really like the new recoil pad they're putting on the new models (different from the M2, but still pops in). I wonder if they are inter-changable?

The gun cleaned up very easy. I took it apart with no problem and cleaning was very easy. It went back together easy as well. Very nice. Oh yeah, no rattle on this one. Very tight.

Here are my questions for those of you in the know:

1. Is there an after market substance, spray, pad, etc. that I can put on the forearm? In the cold weather, the hand got a little raw racking this baby. Don't want to look like a sissy and wear a glove.

2. Does anyone know if the SuperNove recoil pad (looks different than the M2--looks kinda like the old Browning pads but it's black) is what they're putting on all new models or is this just the SuperNova? Also, does anyone know if they're interchanable?

thanks, JED

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't know if I have ever seen an after market accessory to the forearm of the Nova/SuperNova.

And, I thought the recoil pads for the comfortech were the same for both the M2 Comfortech and the SuperNova. If you have the older M2 (not comfortech) then it might be a standard butt pad. I know that my standard Nova and Supersport (comfortech) pads are interchangeable.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a newer m2 with the funny little odd shaped recoil pad. It's a comfortech. The Supernova (just ordered and delivered so I know it's the latest) recoil pad is alot different and better in my opinion. Both pop in and out, but the Supernova feels and looks better. Think I'll call Benelli and find out.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
jed1894 said:
I have a newer m2 with the funny little odd shaped recoil pad. It's a comfortech.
Just what my M2 HAD! And I had been badmouthing the Comfortech because of the excessive felt recoil. Then I traded something that I wanted to get rid of, for a used M1, with the standard synthetic stock. Absolutely no difference in felt recoil!

Finally, I put a Limbsaver on both of them. Fantastic, what a difference it made! Now, they still both have the same felt recoil, but much, much lighter!

That M2 funny shaped, odd recoil pad was a pure POS! Ditto, in my opinion, (except for the comb inserts and the non-slip gripping surface), is the Comfortech stock. Both it and the M1 pads were hard as bricks! The Limbsavers made the guns shootable for most people again. (I shot them but didn't like the recoil, previously).

Clyde

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have both the M2 and Super Nova myself. You can switch the pads with no problems. As a matter of fact, I feel that the Super Nova pad does a better job on recoil when it is either gun. Also, I seem to shoot the Super Nova better then the M2 at trap and in the field. I think that it has to do with the extra weight helping my swing through more then anything else. That is just a guess though. Still, I may add some forearm weight to see if it helps me shooting the M2.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jugchoke said:
jed1894 said:
I have a newer m2 with the funny little odd shaped recoil pad. It's a comfortech.
Just what my M2 HAD! And I had been badmouthing the Comfortech because of the excessive felt recoil. Then I traded something that I wanted to get rid of, for a used M1, with the standard synthetic stock. Absolutely no difference in felt recoil!

Finally, I put a Limbsaver on both of them. Fantastic, what a difference it made! Now, they still both have the same felt recoil, but much, much lighter!

That M2 funny shaped, odd recoil pad was a pure POS! Ditto, in my opinion, (except for the comb inserts and the non-slip gripping surface), is the Comfortech stock. Both it and the M1 pads were hard as bricks! The Limbsavers made the guns shootable for most people again. (I shot them but didn't like the recoil, previously).

Clyde
What Limbsaver model number did you get for the M2?

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
jed1894 said:
What Limbsaver model number did you get for the M2?
I can't remember right off the top of my head, but it is the only one listed for it and it fits the M1 as well. It comes with a frame that screws to the stock, to make it a pop in, (as needed on some models, on others just discard the frame). Some models, you need the frame, others you don't. Just don't cut the pop in part down, if it is hard to "pop" it in. Loosen the screws, if using the frame, put the pad in, then tighten the screws again.

I called both Limbsaver and I believe it was Walnut Creek Archery, check out both sights on the net, for the model and their phone number. Bought mine from Walnutcreek or walnutcreekarchery.com.

Clyde

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.