Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the Superposed 28ga 28in club! {hs#

I always knew you had impeccable taste.

Not very many 28ga Browning Superposed guns were made. And IMHO, 28in barrels like yours are a little more rare, thus more desireable. According to Schwing, only 98 Skeet Supers were made in 1966.

This 28ga 28in is a Hunting Model, and was also made in 1966. Only 32 made that year. Long tang. No salt. Awesome wood. This one is choked mod/full:

Maybe we should start a Superposed 28ga thread!! :s

Cheers! :D

CFB

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
crazyforbrownings said:
In the words of my buddy and fellow Word Smith, Dave Buffington . . . "Someone please pass the drool cup!" {hs#
I said that? Well, anyway, it's true. There's nothing like a vintage subgauge Super.

The only problem is that I haven't stumbled into one in at least two years. That's after going to dozens of auctions at which, in the past, I would have found some. Where have they gone?

Enjoy!
Dave

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
dbuffington said:
crazyforbrownings said:
In the words of my buddy and fellow Word Smith, Dave Buffington . . . "Someone please pass the drool cup!" {hs#
I said that?

Enjoy!
Dave
Yes, you did . . . :D

dbuffington wrote: Gawd. I'm going to need a drool cup here soon :D
It's a natural and perfect response when one sees a beautiful Superposed. :s :D

Congrats to 2lo8s on a couple of awesome 28 ga Supers!

CFB

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
muskyjack said:
Superposed 28 gauge- 28" barrels choked full and modified, manufactured in 1963. This photograph was taken last week near Mott, North Dakota.

MJ:

Beautiful pic with a great Super.

Please swap me your 28/28 for mine! You know I'm a 1963 fan!! :s

CFB

·
Registered
121 Posts
crazyforbrownings said:
MJ:

Beautiful pic with a great Super.

Please swap me your 28/28 for mine! You know I'm a 1963 fan!! :s

CFB
Some great looking Browning shotguns on this thread, 2lo8s and CFB! I am happy to finally own a trim and slim 28 gauge, and put it to good use on game birds.

Presumably 2lo8s is using his 28g shotguns to nail clay birds from the low house on station 8. Hopefully CFB is getting to shoot his 28/28, and not just use it to show off his law journals!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.