Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now owned two 12 gauge Super Sport Performance Shop ("SSPS") guns. I am not sure what Briley does or doesn't do in order for Benelli to claim a "Trigger Job", but out of the box the trigger on both guns was extremely heavy and long. Simply put, I would say terrible for a clay shooter. In any event, on my current SSPS I just replaced the stock trigger springs with the following from Taran Tactical:

Benelli Ultimate Reduced-Power Hammer Spring

BNLI-RPS02 1 $7.99 USD $7.99 USD
TTI Benelli Ultimate Reduced Power Trigger Spring

BNLI-RPS03 1 $7.99 USD $7.99 USD
Subtotal: $15.98 USD
Shipping: $10.00 USD
Grand Total: $25.98 USD

This simple spring change reduced the takeup and lightened the trigger substantially. Now it is much shorter, smooth, crisp and soft. Best $26 ever spent.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can I ask how old is your Super Sport? I have one that's 4 years old never noticed heavy & long trigger? Maybe I will now that you have brought it to my attention? I will check tomorrow as my son borrowed it for the weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, not sure when the current gun was produced as I am not the original owner, but I am sure it was recent production. I have owned 2 and two of my regular shooting buddies each own or have owned one. They both did the TT spring replacement as well. Perhaps trigger assessment is dependent on what you are used to. My OU is an F3 with crisp consistent 3lb. pulls. A few reviews say the SSPS is supposed to have a 5lb. pull. I did not measure either of mine but would guess that prior to the TT springs they were appreciably greater than 5lbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts