Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am in the market for a new all purpose shotgun. I have narrowed my choices to the Winchester Super x3 or the Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I have not shot the Super x3, but loved the x2. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum, so I hope someone hasn't already asked this question. Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Welcome, rossman. The question has been asked before, many times. Do a little searching and you will find several days' worth of reading comparing these two and many other guns. For many, many reasons, my choice would be the SX3. I'm not a big fan of the Benellis, though many around these parts are and I shoot with a few guys out at the club who are big-time Benelli lovers also.

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
For an all around use a 3" models is usually a better choice.

Both the SBE II and SX3 are very good models that are well made and reliable designs.

The SBE II is Inertia operated and the SX3 is gas. The SX is easy to clean but the SBE is easier. They both can go long periods between cleanings with the SBE having the edge. The SX3 is lighter in weight and both have a more stock heavy balance point with a little more for the SBE. They both have mid height ribs. The SBE has an automatic magazine cutoff and the SX3 does not have one. You can trick the SX into having one by pushing up on the carrier slightly while pulling the bolt back. The round in the chamber will be ejected, the round in the mag tube will be blocked, and the bolt will stay locked back. Both come with shims to adjust the stock for a better fit. The SBE II has the comforTech option with the soft comb that can be removed and have a different height inserted. The SX has the dura Touch option and both come in several finishes. The both have safety buttons at the back of the trigger gaurd. The SBE II's is a larger triangle shape compared to the SX's round button. The SBE II has a larger trigger gaurd. The SX has a top locking lug and the SBE has a rotary bolt face. This makes the SBE longer in overall length with the same barrel lengths. The SX3 will cycle lighter loads better. The SX holds five rounds to four for the SBE and both can take an extension to hold more. The SX has a larger bore diameter which tends to pattern hard non toxic loads better. The SX3 is quite a bit less expensive.

Hold each side by side with different barrel lengths and pick the one you like the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts