Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone else tell me if they have this problem with their nova or supernova..

When I load shells into the tube, the (I dont know its official name) so lets just call it the "gate" (or the little gold colored lever that you push up when loading shells directly into the tube) stays pushed in, and when I pump the first shell, it falls right out of the gun.

Sometimes when i give it a strong pump, it loads the shell, but most of the time, the shell falls out.

Whats the deal?

sorry if I confused yall due to lack of shotgun part vocab.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What length of shells are you using? Does this also occur with 2-3/4" shells? How old is the gun? Has it allways done this? Sometimes this happens when the shell is not pushed into the tube far enough and it gets held up on the edge of the "carrier?" maybe, the "gold thing", instead of the catch that holds the shells in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry. can't post a pic.

The gun is about a year old and it's always done it. I've only used 2 3/4in shells. I'm pretty sure the "gold thing" (which is probably better described as the gate) isnt catching on the shell.

So when you guys push in the "gate" when you load the shells, does the gate stay pushed in or does it fall back down? Mine stays in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
BIG_SHOT,
When I load the magazine in my Nova, the gate (I suppose you are talking about the Carrier, #017N) stays always "in". After loading the magazine, simply slide the bolt about half an inch to the rear and the Carrier goes back to its usual position.
A shell is not released from the magazine until the bolt is almost to its rearmost position. Maybe a timing problem?
Lefteris.

·
Registered
202 Posts
elvas said:
BIG_SHOT,
When I load the magazine in my Nova, the gate (I suppose you are talking about the Carrier, #017N) stays always "in". After loading the magazine, simply slide the bolt about half an inch to the rear and the Carrier goes back to its usual position.
A shell is not released from the magazine until the bolt is almost to its rearmost position. Maybe a timing problem?
Lefteris.
^ yup. Also make sure you are getting the shell all the way in. There in nothing wrong with the gun, just the shooter. j/k. I did the same thing a couple times until I figured it out. Just watch the injector slide, it will pinch your thumb and that hurts!!! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.