Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
A nutshell version is the Superposed is the true Browning gun , manufactured in Belgium. (the Leige falls under this description also)

While the Citori is manufactured in Japan.
The citori has many parts interchangable with the win 101 and Chas Daley O/U(japan versions) since they are all made in the same factory, just some later than others, they are all three based on the Miroku O/U

Atleast that's what I've been able to decipher

·
Registered
744 Posts
I should know better than to differ with MarlandS but I lived in Japan at the time and bought some shotguns. The Winchester 101 was made by Olin Kodensha in Tochigi, Japan. Look under Nikko Firearms in the Blue Book. This is not the same gun as the Citori or Charles Daly which were made by B. C. Miroko in Kochi, Japan.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
You got me Remroc, I reread the info I had read for this and the 101 was mentioned but as you said is unrelated..

BTW you need to hang around a bit more often there's been some Remmy dating quesions that are going unanswered, unless you want to give up your source.... ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Speaking of Browning Superposeds... I have a late 1940s Belgium 20 field gun and a 1964 Broadway Trap (12ga)...

My question is, how interchangable are the barrels among Superposed? I shoot skeet, and I saw a 12 ga Superposed barrel listed on one of the sites. Will it fit the Broadway Trap receiver? Would it fit the 20ga receiver?

Thanks,
Jeff

G

·
2AtLowhouse8 said:
Could someone please explain what a "superposed" Browning is as compared to a "regular" Browning O/U ?

Thanks !
The designation 'Superposed' only refers to John M. Brownings original design. Browning then contracted with FN for manufacture. The design is purely American and for American shooters, hence the developement of the single trigger and barrel lenghts in inches. The Liege was an attempt at an economy version of the Superposed and was eventually referred to as the B26. The Superposed is now called the B25. Therefore the Liege is not a true Superposed to me. There are also B125's finished in Belgium but from outsourced parts including Japan. They would not be considered true Superposed shotguns. The citori is a different design, manufactured for Browning in Japan. It is not a Superposed. In short to be a Superposed it needs to be the orginal design, parts made and assembled in Belgium, and have the Browning name on the gun. Source "The Browning Superposed' by Ned Schwing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Any opinions about the interchangability is of Superposed barrels??

Will any Belgium built barrel fit a Belgium receiver? Only in same ***** or across guages? I just remembered that my dad has a Superposed Broadway Trap (12ga).

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I'm not sure, you have guns from two generations. I don't know if such things as the hinge pin stayed the same diameter, if the latching mechanism stayed the same thickness, or if when 3 inch chambers became an option if enhancements were made to the recievers.

I do know though you could order a Superposed with different barrel sets, and 12/20 was an option. But my concern would be cross-generational best bet would be to call Browning and find out.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Browning would simply say "NO". There is no way they would ever assume the liability of saying yes.

It would have to be a 20ga barrel set made to match up with a 12ga receiver (from a multiple barrel set gun), barrels made for a 20ga gun will not fit.

Oh, and Superposed shotguns are about as "regular Browning" as a shotgun could ever get.
Its them Citori thingies that aint to regular :roll:

tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts