Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker....clays noobie....got a sweet deal on a used supersport. I shot it for the first time this past weekend. I love it.

I probably shot about 150 rounds on the first day. All federal 7.5 and 8 shot with 1 and or 1 1/8 oz loads.........Not one failure and gun ran perfect. Second day out i started having issues with the next shell becoming caught in the chamber as it was transfering from the magazine. I also had some failures of the bolt not locking back after empty. My conclusion was that the bolt is not coming back far enough for the next shell to get into the chamber. (could be wrong)....perhaps recoil spring is weak??

It did run off and on......no reloads all federal wally world.

I am no shotgun expert so i look to all of you............

Oh and great site.........

Art

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW! Benelli sent a response to my email overnight. They suggested pulling the trigger and cleaning well looking for debris. I did clean and oil but didn't pull the trigger so i will and try to shoot it again. If it doesn't fix it.....they asked me to send it in to them.

art

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'll bet it's a carrier latch or carrier latch spring defect. I have a feeling you'll be sending it in, unfortunatly. Good luck, the supersport is a real shiner though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rugerismisticness said:
I'll bet it's a carrier latch or carrier latch spring defect. I have a feeling you'll be sending it in, unfortunatly. Good luck, the supersport is a real shiner though.
Any pictures or threads on this? Schematics?

art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.