Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble choosing what light to get between the surefire 618fa, 618fga and the 918fa?

What are the pros and cons between the three?

I dont know what to choose, here are the prices..

618FA = $186 del.
618FGA = $233 del.
918FA = $233 del.

If I were to step up to the FGA why wouldnt I just go with the 9 volt 918fa for the same price?

Any input would be great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
First, where did you find them at those prices??

I would go for the 918 9 volt, its like 125 lumen and you can get a high output lamp for like over 200 lumen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this guy on THR and heard people talking about him on this forum. His email is [email protected] ,from what Ive heard he is trust worthy. I actually just did a search on google on his email address and havent found any dirt on him. I thinks its a go for me. Best prices ive found yet.. :D

I wonder why the 9 volt is cheaper then the 6 volt???? Anyone know ????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
On the surefire site, the 618FGA has a lockout switch, so you can turn off the pressure switch for storage, thereby saving your batter should the pressure switch get bumped. Apparently this little switch, which is not included in the 918FA, is very costly. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BobDaHam said:
On the surefire site, the 618FGA has a lockout switch, so you can turn off the pressure switch for storage, thereby saving your batter should the pressure switch get bumped. Apparently this little switch, which is not included in the 918FA, is very costly. :roll:
Ok , I swear I read that the 918fa had that as well, My eyes are playing tricks on me. That answers the question. Im going to get the 9 volt.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
BobDaHam nailed it-the 618FA and the 918FA are identical but for the fact that the 618 uses the 2-cell, 6v light while the 918 uses the 3-cell, 9v light. The two lights are interchangeable-you could have both light bodies and swap them back and forth on the gun. The 618FGA adds a lock-out rocker switch on the right side of the forend mount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Zombie you mean like a 300 lumen beast with a turbo headreflector mounted to a rail and then the vertical forgrip light with the nav leds and a surefire laser all this would sure be boss on one of the LMT 10.5 inch uppers that upper is as expensive as the bushmaster lol

dasani i hear the 9volt one is way to bright like reflects of white walls into your eyes i would get the 618 fga so you can choose to shut off the unit so you do not have accidental activation but i agree brighter is better if you have a shop id check them both out i love my 618fa though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm, I wish I could try them both out before I made a purchase. I think I just might be happy with the plain ol' 618FA, Ive already had it and didnt have any problems with it activating when stored,decisions, decisions :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
dasanii19 said:
I think I just might be happy with the pain ol' 618FA, Ive already had it...
You also have to consider the fact that you use the word HAD, as in you had it, but decided to get rid of it for one reason or another. If it was worth getting rid of once before, why get it again? I don't know the circumstances surrounding that decision, but just something to think about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BobDaHam said:
dasanii19 said:
I think I just might be happy with the pain ol' 618FA, Ive already had it...
You also have to consider the fact that you use the word HAD, as in you had it, but decided to get rid of it for one reason or another. If it was worth getting rid of once before, why get it again? I don't know the circumstances surrounding that decision, but just something to think about.
Im kind of a perfectionist and on some of the surefire 618fa's the glue that tacs the activation light stip doent look very nice, its just how the factory makes them, some look like crud some look better. I think all in all the 618FA is quality and ill have to get over the small "blemish" on the rubber activation strip. No big deal, ill get over it. Heres a picture of what im talking about...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I remember you saying that. Will you be able to go to a store and see the light before you buy? I would get one of those, but I don't want to have to grind off the bayonet lug on the 590... Hope you like this one better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BobDaHam said:
I remember you saying that. Will you be able to go to a store and see the light before you buy? I would get one of those, but I don't want to have to grind off the bayonet lug on the 590... Hope you like this one better!
Im ordering it from a guy out in Florida sealed up brand new so I dont get to pick out what one I want. If its like my old one so be it, im not gonna mess with it anymore. :D

Does anyone in here have the surefire 918fa 9 volt we can get some feedback from? I remember someone saying its too bright as well in the hall ways...
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top