Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my SX2 for a while and so far have really enjoyed it. It will shoot light 7/8 oz. loads all the way up to 3/1/2" mags. The only shell it doesnt like is the Estate 23/4" shells. It will in about one out of 50 hit the primer, but not hard enough to make it fire. It has worked flawlessly on every other type of shell so far.

I know the easy answer is just dont shoot those shells but it just bugs the hell out of me :evil:

I had the local gunsmith take a look at it and he said the firing pin was a few thousandths short of spec so he replaced it but it still does it.

Anyone else have a similar problem with their SX2or any ideas.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
It's those sunken caps of the Federal primers, and if you look the primer itself may be sunken in the hull as well. That's the only thing I dislike about Federal shells (which the Estates are) is on a rare occasion, you find one with a primer too deep.

Check the shell next time it happens, or if you still have it, lay a straightedge across the base of the hull, then compare that distance/depth to the shells it normally fires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.