Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the field model and it doesnt come with shims for the stock.Does anyone know why. Can you get them anywhere. I cant seem to find out why the field model is the only one that doesnt have the stock shim. It really sucks because I need to drop the heel and cant figure out how. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
COYOTEHUNTERS said:
I bought the field model and it doesnt come with shims for the stock.Does anyone know why. Can you get them anywhere. I cant seem to find out why the field model is the only one that doesnt have the stock shim. It really sucks because I need to drop the heel and cant figure out how. Thanks for your help
The Winchester SX2 and SX3 (like their sister guns, the Browning Gold and Silver) only offer stock adjustment shims on certain models - not across the board.

My 2007 Winchester catalog states that only SX3's with synthetic stocks come with shims to adjust drop and cast.

I've heard rumor that if your order shims from Winchester or Browning they will fit on guns that did not originally come with them - but I have no firsthand experience in this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts