Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get a new SX3 Ultimate Sporting for use on Sporting Clays. From what I've read the only real area for improvement is the trigger pull. Are there any kits to change the springs available aftermarket? I've been looking but can't seem to find anything.

If not, has anyone had a gunsmith do a trigger job on one? I would like to get to around 4 pounds if possible.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My son has been shooting an ultimate for 3 years, the gun has been flawless. You are right on the trigger, also the forearm could be a little stiffer against the receiver. But it is a super fun gun to shoot!! We don't reload so what ever we find for cheap shells gets ran through the gun. when I was looking at getting the trigger done prices were from 80 to 125 bucks. We are planning to get it done this winter.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Contact Phillips. He is considered one of the best of the very best. I had him do a fair amount of work and could not be more pleased. He is a heck of a good guy as well.

Do a search for him and you will see what others think.

http://www.phillipsgunsmithing.com

·
Registered
29,043 Posts
TNRC51 said:
I've decided to get a new SX3 Ultimate Sporting for use on Sporting Clays. From what I've read the only real area for improvement is the trigger pull. Are there any kits to change the springs available aftermarket? I've been looking but can't seem to find anything.

If not, has anyone had a gunsmith do a trigger job on one? I would like to get to around 4 pounds if possible.
Send your trigger guard to Jim at Cole Gunsmithing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I've pulled the trigger. :mrgreen: Placed an order today for a 30" Ultimate. I'll probably shoot it till the weather gets nasty in January or February and send it off for tweeking. Thanks for the recommendations.

·
Registered
112 Posts
RandyWakeman said:
Send your trigger guard to Jim at Cole Gunsmithing.
Randy, thanks for the heads up on this issue. I received my trigger back from Cole's yesterday and Jim did a fantastic job. Before I could lift the entire weight of the gun while holding the trigger without dropping the hammer. Now it is a safe and sane four plus pounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.