Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and have seen some issues on the 405 jamming problem. I recently bought 2 SX405's and both guns have feeding problems. And I mean almost every shell either gets stuck or jammed in the receiver. I have completely stripped and cleaned both guns and have also played with the trigger mechanism. (which the carrier seems to be the culprit in both guns). Also, both guns have problems with the magazine cut off switch. When the switch DOES hold the shell in the magazine and you manually release the button the shells just appear to stick in the magazine tube. I believe this is the follower problem I have read about. Any help on this would be great. Has anyone had to file or play with the carrier on their 405's? Thanks

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I believe you are right,its the follower,get one for an rem870 and I think that will solve your problem.Its worth a shot anyway. sj

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yeah, I would say it is the follower problem. I haven't had a cycling problem with mine since I put in the aluminum follower. . $4 from Gander Mountain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts