Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the parts interchange on the SXP versus the 1300? I realize not all the parts on the outside look the same, but the guts of the shotgun look identical.......Since they are made in Turkey would they be metric? I handled a SXP field version over this weekend in a gunshop and noticed the trigger group, ejector and bolt look very close to the 1300. If someone has a SXP, please speak up......The curiousity is kinda killing me.....LOL :D

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
You can become the expert for the rest of us on this subject. Buy one of each, tear each one down to their component parts, then mix and match until you find the answer and report back to us.
We will be waiting with bated breath.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Winchester/Browning today and the fellow I spoke with on the phone told me although the parts seem similiar, they are totally different measurements. He said the SXP is a "spin off" of the 1300 but not a true copy. He also said their is a demand on the SXP from dealers and will be around for a long time. Parts for SXP will be available soon and they are inbound from over seas. There you have it, fellows......The real skinny and low down......... :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
superx2shootr said:
Rugerismisticness said:
I looked at both apart in the LGS, similar, but not the same. The lugs are alot bigger on the 1300. The concept and design is pretty much the same.
What was your opinion of the SXP? Quality, Function, Design, etc.
Simple......If the SX3 and 1300 had sex, their child would be the SXP....... To me, the feel is more robust than the ole' 1300, but the feel of it is more sturdier and the back bored barrel and invector plus choke system is kinda of a plus. Why? That design is that of a BPS barrel........My BPS takes invector plus chokes and a person can just swap out chokes from one barrel to the other.....The stock and grip feels similiar to the SX3........Overall, I would buy the SXP to give it a shot......May just slip back to the gunshop this weekend....

·
Registered
480 Posts
I do like the SXP, at least better than the 870s. The lugs are a little stronger in the 1300, but there are many more lugs and less degree of travel (faster unlocking). The overall quality of the SXP IS less than the 1300, but both are much better than the 870s :wink: (It's national beat on the 870 day :lol: ) The SXP's I held were very fast, but they needed a little oil that would have made them faster. I like the chroming on the SXP, it's a big plus for me. The pump design of the SXP, extending the hand more torwards the reciever, is much better than the 1300's corn cob handle. Overall, I'd prefer the SXP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an SXP and have been trying to find a AR style butt-stock. I have found several for the SXP but they are considerably more expensive than those I have found 1200-1300. So my question is, Are the connections fron the butt of the gun to the stock really that much different? And if not wouldn't you be able to to use a stock designed for the 1300 on the SXP? .... I got the version that had 2 barrels one for defense and one for Game hunting, so my version doesn't have the pistol grip AR style butt-stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.