Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdo All
Now that I'm here, how's about some help. I'm currently saving my dollars for a sxs.The models I think I may want are as follows: a used Win model 23, Browing BSS, Ugartechea , or a Bill Hanus AYA. Can someone help me find stock dimensions on the Browning and Winchester and weights for a 20 gauge. Any websites with good info on these? I only became interested in shotgunning last fall, so am strictly a novice but eager to learn.Also, any opinions on advantages/disadvantages of English style game gun vs. American,ie. Straight stock splinter vs. pistol grip beavertail.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JLP
I seem to remember another post you made that you own a model 23 and I'm glad you like Ugi's, so maybe you can answer this. Does the Win 23 in 28 ga. have a true 28 frame or only 28 barrels on the 20 frame? I have only shot and owned pistol grips and think I would prefer that on a 20 ga but am considering the straight/splinter configuration if I go with a 28 ga. Maybe this clarifies where I'm at, deciding configuration and gauge.
Again Thanks,
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.