Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please explain to me in words of one syllable what huge disadvantage SxS's have when playing any of the clay bird games that require 2 shots.Last weekend I posted personal bests at both sporting clays

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Half my post was cut off)@ both sporting clays & double trap with a borrowed SxS, I had NEVER shot a SxS before, when my usually very reliable SKB gas auto malfunctioned.I much prefered the sight picture presented by the SxS to that given by a single barrel.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Less recoil, more accuracy, at least with one barell. ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
91 Posts
lainGT,The only negative thing I can say about a sxs is that quite a few have splinter (very skinny) fore-ends causing your skin to contact the barrel. On a hot gut that can be quite distracting. The reason you don't see many at clay ranges is because they are all in a field configuration. That is, there is too much drop the comb and heel for most shooters that shoot at least 100 shots or more a day. I have lace on cheek pads for the guns I shoot regularly.As far as the "feel", mount and swing I don't think there is a better suited gun around than a good ol' SxS. ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does this sound?A SxS with raised target style vent rib, beavertail forend,

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(Again with only 1/2 my post)forend, & a fully adjustable stock.Does such a beast exist that wouldn't require my first born as a down payment?16ga. would be a bonus.

·
Registered
91 Posts
lainGT,You're a man after my own heart. When I get through with a current project I'll have to have Jay help me post a couple of pictures of exactly what you mentioned. It's a 16ga SxS w/ 28" barrel. I picked up a new trap style tapered rib that perfectly fits the current rib and with a little comb adjuster added I'll be in business. I can't wait to try some doubles w/ it.If you have someone else do such a project you are looking at, at least your first born and maybe w/ a college tuition fund to boot.:lol :lol :lol Good luck, Joe

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A properly set up SxS 16ga. may just be THE ideal sporting clays gun.In my humble opinion.:E

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SxSBoy;I see from another post that you shoot P.I.T.A.Are you going to shoot any of the Canadian events?If so maybe we could meet up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts