Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unless you have a surefire type rail forearm, best bet would be a figire 8 style clamp and mount either under the barrel or next to it.
Like this

or

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Search for
Lite mount technologies on Brownells
best shotgun mount available for a tac light.
I use one on duty. It never moves under recoil.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The problem with these IMHO is that they require some sort of tool to break down.... and then you have more little parts to keep up with. For me, what I did was something like this:

http://www.botac.com/intecshotmou.html to put a trim/semi-permanent Picatinny rail on your gun.... followed by a scope-ring with a knurled clamping knob attached to your light. Mate the ring to the rail and tighten it down. When I wanna remove the barrel, nothings in the way... when I wanna remove the light, I just unscrew it with my fingers.

Good Luck

·
Registered
120 Posts
madecov said:
Search for
Lite mount technologies on Brownells
best shotgun mount available for a tac light.
I use one on duty. It never moves under recoil.
I will second that. I have tried a few different one's (around eight). The Lite mount technologies one is by far the best (atleast to me).

870 Police magnum
Knoxx SpecOp's stock
Wilson Combat two shell Extension tube
High Visibility Follower with HD spring
PentagonLight X3 Xenon Light (135 Lumen) with remote pressure switch
Lite Mount Technologies Barrel Clamp for flash light
Mesa Tactical six and four shell holder
Hogue forend and grip sleeve
TacStar Heat Shield

·
Registered
404 Posts
How has the pentagon held up under recoil?

This the one I use

Allows me to use an ARMS quick detach ring so I can move the light from my FN to my Nova easily and fast. Also allows battery changes to be done quickly without hassle

It is rock solid and has never ever moved. The designer is friend of mine and is a super nice guy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
madecov said:
How has the pentagon held up under recoil?
I have tried that one, I'm guessing your talking about the one with two Allen keys in the middle with two pieces of formed metal on the sides. It held up fine for shooing but a hard hit in my opinion would probably move it (I tried it with a smaller diameter flashlight I had). Plus at the time I got mine they didn't make a one inch on both sides and that's what I needed in my case since I wanted to use the pentagon that I just got (My light and Wilson mag ext. or both 1 inch Diameter). But the guy did say they where going to start to make them some time starting in December and next year. But then again he didn't really seem to know the products he was selling.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I meant the pentagonlight. LOL :lol:

I have used all the versions of the Light mount tech stuff.

But, I am always looking for the next brighest wizbang flashlight.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh :lol: , the light has held up great no problems. (So far around 700-800 slug round's and 40-50 oo buckshot rounds, no low recoil stuff). I find it just as good as other popular name brand lights, plus I have tried a few different light systems (other people's SG's with light systems like surefire for example) and I have found it to be of the same quality standards. One thing I have notice is the Pentagon switch has a good positive feel to it, while other switches seem too sensitive to me. In the picture's on there web site I couldn't tell the front housing would be so huge ( I feel like I have a flood light mounted up front). Let alone a few of the mount's I tried had the flashlight housing rub, but not with the Lite mount technologies one I have on there now. But it pays off in the fact that it lights up a wider area and it's still bright. Even though I'm sure I'm "paying a little" for having a wider field of view, by not having a very concentrated amount of light in a smaller area. But I do know one thing, even though I might be losing a little, but it still blinds four out of five friends easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.