Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I was wondering if a TacStar 6 shot side saddle would work with my 870 forend (stock)?

Also, I was thinking about getting a Surefire 618FA forend for my SG. Is this a good, realiable combo, that's worth the cash? What about a Streamlight TLR-1? Thanks for any help/advice!

Tanner

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
If the foreend extends back over the receiver when the slide is fully to the rear, you will need to either trim the foreend or get a new one.
The SureFire foreends are great. The TLR is a good light as well, although you will need some sort of mount for it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't realize new forends were so cheap. I guess I'll just spend another $30 if it won't clear. Thanks guys :)

BTW- do you have to tap any holes or anything, or it the new saddle pretty easy to install?

·
Registered
405 Posts
From lookin at the pic, the forend looks just like mine which has been sawed to accommodate the saddle.When u install the saddle ,wrap the trigger housing with masking tape just in case u dont like it to fall out however, let us know how u like that stock.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
blackremi07 said:
I didn't realize new forends were so cheap. I guess I'll just spend another $30 if it won't clear.
For $30, you can usually find entire 870P stock sets on Ebay, which include the butt stock with sling swivel stud and R3 (Limbsaver) recoil pad, plus the shorter Police forend: http://cgi.ebay.com/Remington-870-12-Ga ... dZViewItem

·
Registered
48 Posts
i called Surefire 2 years back about the G2 nitrolon..

to sum it up... G2s are not ment for guns at all. from what the employee said..i believe the shock will destroy the lamp.

but who knows? $30 a light =p

·
Registered
48 Posts
i called Surefire 2 years back about the G2 nitrolon..

to sum it up... G2s are not ment for guns at all. from what the employee said..i believe the shock will destroy the lamp.

but who knows? $30 a light =p

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
blackremi07 said:
Has anyone used the Surefire G2 LED flashlight before on their gun? Do you think it can withstand the gun fire?
The G2 LED should be okay, but anything with a bulb will require a shock-isolated bezel to withstand recoil.

I like the TLR1 (which I have mounted to my 870), but if I had to do it all over again, I'd go with the Gladius in an offset mount, simply because the strobe is VERY disorienting to folks on the business end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.