Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is a very nice forum you all have here. I am new to the tactical shotgun and am planning on purchasing an FN SLP next week. It will be used primarily for limited 3 gun. I would like to add the Tacstar side saddle but am not clear as to how it actually mounts to the reciever. Does it screw directly into the reciever(ouch!!) or does it clamp on, use velcro, etc. I checked out their web site but still can not figure it out. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Matt

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am in the same boat you are in, however I already purchased the gun.

I am probably going to go with the Tacstar Sidesaddle. And yes, it does screw into the reciever. My wilson combat 1187 came with the sidesaddle already installed and it worked fine. However, when you reinstall the screws make sure not to over tighten it - I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I beleive the sidesaddle uses extended reciever pins (that hold the trigger assembly in place) to hold the sidesaddle in. should not have to mod/drill reciever - thats too extreme

·
Registered
73 Posts
Besides the trigger plate pin that screws into the sidesaddle plate, there is also a curved portion of the plate that grips the top of the receiver. In addition there is a stamped sheet metal clip that attaches to the receiver at the load gate. Looks like the 3 gun gear is very popular with competitors due to it's light weight, capacity and velcro attachment for fast replacement. Might be a good way to go instead of the Tacstar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts