Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So . . . . . . I have a K-32, a K80, and a K20 Sporting. Now, a Parcours may be calling my name. I’ve been doing some reading. Coincidentally, while shooting some sporting clays today I ran into a fellow who was shooting a Parcours. He let me shoulder the gun but I didn’t shoot any targets. The gun did seem to feel noticeably lighter.

As a disclosure, I’m a casual skeet and sporting clays shooter. No shots anymore for me in competition, just shooting with good friends. But. . . . . .the Parcours is intriguing.

Would love to hear from some folks who have had, shot, and either sold or kept theirs.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
901 Posts
I can't imagine any gun being more fun , than a Mod 12 , even though I enjoy my K80 ! When the gun fits , it's musical , when not , we buy another !
The precision of a well built gun sometimes over-rides our ability , not to pay for another but to shoot well ! The industry is counting on Both !

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had one for several years. After several thousand rounds I found it ti be too light. Messed around with barrel weights but in the end went to a different gun. My son is shooting it now and loves it. All in what you like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had a Parcours for 3 yrs + and also found it to be somewhat light for sporting clays but works great for driven birds/tower shoots.

Added a set of 34" barrels about six months ago; the balance and handling changed dramatically.

I use it interchangeably in addition to a MX2000S also with 34" tubes for weekend clays with "the boys".

Recommend you try a Parcours with a set of 34" barrels before you buy.

YMMV

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have had a Parcours for 3 yrs + and also found it to be somewhat light for sporting clays but works great for driven birds/tower shoots.

Added a set of 34" barrels about six months ago; the balance and handling changed dramatically.

I use it interchangeably in addition to a MX2000S also with 34" tubes for weekend clays with "the boys".

Recommend you try a Parcours with a set of 34" barrels before you buy.

YMMV
34” is the way to go!

·
Registered
Krieghoff K-80 Trap Special Combo
127 Posts
Honest question. What is the Parcours used for? Hunting? Skeet? Sporting clays? Never really figured that out.
My advice would be, get it if you want it. Even if you don’t need it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Honest question. What is the Parcours used for? Hunting? Skeet? Sporting clays? Never really figured that out.
My advice would be, get it if you want it. Even if you don’t need it.
Yes to all.

Agreed!

Reactions: USARich

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I just converted my sporter to a parcours. i like the lighter weight but it is going to take me some time to get consistent with it. There are definitely some presentations that are much easier with it.

Also i am playing with a single Krieghoff barrel weight and the positioning makes a big, big difference in feel. Lots to adjust to.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Besides the addition of thin walled chokes, what is the difference between the regular Parcours and the “X” model?
X model barrel is heavier and the rib is wider.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the X model is heavier - how close does it come to the K80 in weight ? Seems like that defeats the purpose since the Parcours was supposed to be lighter (?)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Love my Parcours. I shot a standard weight for many years and like this much better. Love the stock and forearm. Where do you live be happy to let you take mine for a ride if we are fairly close?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If the X model is heavier - how close does it come to the K80 in weight ? Seems like that defeats the purpose since the Parcours was supposed to be lighter (?)
I would say yes it kinda defeats the purpose. Didn’t shoot one but handled it and it was ok but kinda dead feeling.

Doesn’t feel like a std sporter as the ramp rib and Monte Carlo have a lot to do with the classic k80 feel.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Someone can correct me but I believe the Parcours with the x barrel falls right between the 32” Parcours and the 32” Sporter. People were adding barrel weights to the 32” Parcours, thus Krieghoff capitalized on the desire for more weight in the Parcours barrel and introduced the X barrel. I think the 32” Parcours is in the low 8lb range, 32” Parcours X is mid 8lbs, and the 32” sporter around 9lbs.

Reactions: Smoke ‘Em

·
Registered
529 Posts
I’ve shot a couple of different ones and like others have said they are a bit light for me. The swing was a little whippy for me. I’m sure if it’s all that I shot after awhile I’d eventually get used to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hear several people say the Parcours is to light for them . Mine weighs 8.4# not a light gun. It's not whippy it's intuitive to the target. Lucky for all Krieghoff shooters there is a set up for everyone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts