Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is really not clear which series I should be getting for my mx12. Can someone please shed some light on this? Or if not teague, another brand of chokes. The ones that came with the gun don't have markings on the outside so its difficult to know which is which. That and mine look pretty worn out and beat up from the previous owner.

If anyone has purchased teagues for their perazzi, can you please let me know your thoughts, did you pattern it vs the perazzi ones? did they perform any better?

· Registered
754 Posts
It'd be helpful if you posted a pic of one of your current chokes, preferably on a piece of white paper next to a ruler or tape measure in a manner that will show the length of the choke, the length of the threaded section, and the length of the section below the threads.

· Registered
180 Posts
i bought some Teague chokes and it's pretty clear. Series 4 have in the Specifications: Barrel Bore Size 18.4mm / 0.726inches. and the Series 5 are either 18.6 or 18.7 Bore Size.

So you have to check on the side of your barrel what number you have stamped as bore size (assuming that the barrel was not overbored aftermarket) and order the same Teague. I wouldnt go by what is written on the chokes. More complicated is to make measurements of the existing factory chokes.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My barrel does say 18.7. Which concerns me even more since one of my chokes is 18.4!!!!!!

I didn’t see those options for 18.7 from Teague. I only saw them from other brands like muller.

are you sure Teague has those options
--do you have a photo of the side of the barrel to see if the bore markings match?

· Registered
180 Posts
you shouldn't use chokes tighter than the bore as you might have a wad caught and damage barrels. Yes positive. Select Perazzi -> Material -> Gauge -> Choke Type -> Choke Model -> Series 5

Them Select your constriction and then Bore Size 18.7

See below

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Any recommendations on if I should get the normal extended or the extra extended? I think normal extended is the same size as what I have now. If it makes a difference my current barrel is 31.5 and I should primarily sporting clays.

· Registered
754 Posts
Thanks guys. Any recommendations on if I should get the normal extended or the extra extended? I think normal extended is the same size as what I have now. If it makes a difference my current barrel is 31.5 and I should primarily sporting clays.
IIRC, for Teague, Extended only extend about 1/4 beyond the end of the barrel, kind of like 1st and 2nd gen Perazzi chokes. Super Extended are the ones that are closer to 3/4” to 1” longer. Personally, I prefer the Super Extended; they’re easier to grip when trying to screw the in or unscrew them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.