Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am considering making a deal on a Summit Sporting 12g 32". Could anyone tell me the physical differences(apparent to the eye) when looking at the dealer shelves between last years and this years models. I want the MaxisBore (newer version) and would like to know how to spot one so I don't get bent over on a good deal for last year's product.
I am sure some of you out there know how to tell them apart by looking at them in a shop. I would appreciate your advice.
Can you tell the year manufactured by serial number?
When did they start the Overbore thing and Maxis Chokes?

Many Thanks,

J.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The new ones have a thicker recoil pad and a slightly thicker stock. I believe all of the pictures on the GueriniUsa site are of the originals. There are pictures of some of the new models on GunBroker auctions. They show the thicker recoil pads. The bore diameter is also stamped on the barrels (under the forearm). The .725s (originals) are stamped 18.4. Peter (Justrbloke) or one of the experts could probably tell you what's on a Maxis Bore. Since the new bore is around .735, I'd guess 18.65 or 18.7. I believe the overbored models began about midyear this year. I doubt there will be much 'dealing' on either model. One thing's for sure, you wont be 'bent over' if you end up owning either model! :roll:

I'd like to know if the Maxis bores are going to be on the 20 gauge Sporters too. Has anyone heard anything.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts