Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
The first time was a small wedding in the chapel of the school I graduated from. The ceremony was performed by the chaplain when I first started who came out of retirement to do this. her immediate family as well as mine were present plus a couple of close friends. At 23 years of age, we didn't have much money but we did the best we could. Our folks gave use some money which we put towards a house rather than the wedding. The honeymoon was at my cabin on the other side of the state. 8 months later she was killed in a car accident, several months after that I was badly wounded in a bar and began my climb back into the world of the caring. I met my current wife several years later and after dating for nearly a decade, finally got hitched. It was the second for both of us and I wanted to elope and she refused as it would have killed my mother. Instead, she said she would handle it and I just had to show up on time. She picked a beautiful home which was unfortunately in one of the worst parts of Minneapolis. I found out about this a couple weeks before the event so was unable to change the location. It was a 7:00 PM wedding in Feburary so it would be dark as the guests both came and went. I talked to a couple of buddies on the police depatment down there and they provided "extra" security for the event. No problems were encountered and I am truly indebted to the guys that hung around the area. My wife had a large guest list and I seem to recall about 200 people showed up, most were her immediate family as she has about a dozen brthers and sisters along with about the same number of aunts and uncles plus their wives. I had a momentary surprise when she included the traditional words, "love, honor, and OBEY" in her part of the vow!!!! I looked back at some of my buddies at this and upon my raising an eyebrow, the place broke out in laughter. My wife did not catch on as to why until after all was said and done so she is now stuck with her vow. I try to use it to my advantage whenever and however I can though it is common for her to break it. I guess women are not subject to the same rules as us men and the sooner I accept it, the sooner I can be brought to heel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.