Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in Lakeland, FL.

Anyone shot there recently? It seems that their web site is down or they are out of business.

Has anyone shot at Deer Creek Sporting Clays that use to be Pine Creek Sporting Clays? They are in Tampa Bay.

I'm planning to visit my Brother-in-Law in FL this Winter and we are planning on shooting at these two ranges. He has shot on the second one when it was Pine Creek.

Any info/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
8) Hi, I don't know about Teneroc. I shot there about a year ago and it was pretty good. I haven't been in the area to shoot there this year.
Deer Creek is a two thumbs up! Check out the posts from Roger here on this site. I shot there the day before Wilma hit. I shot both the red and the blue course and the place is a must shoot!
I will try and get back there when I am in the Orlando area in the future.

·
Registered
20,521 Posts
I'm certain that Deer Creek of Tampa is in business and throwing some very nice targets.

As for Tenoroc, I think they quit holding NSCA registered events, but as far as I know, they are still in business and open to the public about 4 days per week. Why not call Tenoroc and ask them if they are still open? According to the FL Sporting Clays calendar, the phone number at Tenoroc is 863-666-2500. Saturdays should be a good day to try to reach them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

My Brother-in-Law can check it out before we get down there in late Jan. or early Feb.

I'm looking forward to shooting in warm weather. We shot LVS Clays in PA earlier this week. very cold and windy w/light snow/ice on the ground. Still had a great time though. :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've shot at both, recently. Deer Creek is all about sporting and have three seperate courses to try; white, blue, and red, plus they have a nice five stand. It's a great club, well tended & pretty, and freindly etc. The link to their site is included in Roger's signature on any post he's made here.

Teneroc does other things besides sporting, like a rifle and handgun range and archery targets and they also have a shop on site to purchase various arms. All that keeps them pretty busy and probably the website is not the higher priority in it all.

If you're going to be in the area, you might as well check them both out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Believe it or not, it's coronet spelled backwards.....think it was an offshoot of Coronet (phosphate) mining company and for some reason they decided to spell it backwards. :) At least I think, that's the way it went. In any event, it's a good place to shoot sporting clays.

JMC said:
Update.

I had the incorrect spelling of the Tenoroc facility.

Apparently they are alive and well.

http://www.tenoroc.us/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.