Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Tim,
Truthfully there probably isn't a worse candidate for a wad to load 3/4 oz. loads than a TGT wad.

The wad is simply too short for this application, unless you use fillers.

There are two wads that stand out as best for the purpose of reloading 3/4 oz. loads, they being the WAA12L or the Claybuster clone, and the Down Range XXL 7/8 pink wad, both for tapered wall cases.

Either of these wads, coupled with a AA HS case, will undoubtedly give you the most satisfactory results, of any other combination of wad/case that I am aware of.

DLM

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DL, I currently use the CB0178-12(WAA12L) for my 3/4 oz loads, which is all I have been reloading lately for skeet. I just liked the feel of these new wads from Downrange. Maybe I'll start shooting trap! :D Tim

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
nastymcnarf said:
Truth be told....I didn't even like the TGT with 7/8 oz.
I LOVE it for my 1.0 load for sporting clays.

This is it's true realm.
I love the OEM TGT-12 for all of my 1-oz loads (Trap & Skeet) in GunClubs/STS's & AA's, especially when using reclaim shot. I've conceded to the fact that I'm simply never ever going to be able to ween myself off of them, so I've just quit trying. When I run out, I just buy more of them - it's my way of keeping the 'crumpled pedals' daemons at bay, LOL.

For 7/8's, what worked best for me (when using Clays powder) is the Green Duster, both in crimp quality, and consistent chrono numbers.

I don't do 3/4 oz loads anymore, but when I was "experimenting" with them, my finding's were consistent with what DLM mentions above (about wads for 3/4 oz loads).

MM3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts