Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great Thanksgiving yesterday with friends and family full of jokes, stories and laughter. I had a wonderful meal of turkey, stuffing, sweet potato, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and stuffed shells (pasta). I then had a couple slices of pie (raspberry cream and cherry cream) for dessert and over the course of the evening had 4 double bourbons. What a nice meal!

But when I went to bed I had acid reflux and dry mouth and didn't get much sleep. I woke up this morning with a slight headache. I hate to say this, but it seems that I'm going to have to give up - - - - - eating turkey.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Whenever I over eat at a big meal I‘ll take some Papaya Enzyme tablets which helps break the food down. It keeps the bloated feeling down as well since the food is being digested pretty quickly. For a meal like yesterday when a bunch of different foods and drinks are mixed together, I’ll take some antacid tablets too. That keeps the acid reflux down.

Try that regimen and you’ll have many more holiday feasts ahead.

John

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a great Thanksgiving yesterday with friends and family full of jokes, stories and laughter. I had a wonderful meal of turkey, stuffing, sweet potato, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and stuffed shells (pasta). I then had a couple slices of pie (raspberry cream and cherry cream) for dessert and over the course of the evening had 4 double bourbons. What a nice meal!

But when I went to bed I had acid reflux and dry mouth and didn't get much sleep. I woke up this morning with a slight headache. I hate to say this, but it seems that I'm going to have to give up - - - - - eating turkey.
I was definitely in on the 4 double bourbons!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Whenever I over eat at a big meal I‘ll take some Papaya Enzyme tablets which helps break the food down. It keeps the bloated feeling down as well since the food is being digested pretty quickly. For a meal like yesterday when a bunch of different foods and drinks are mixed together, I’ll take some antacid tablets too. That keeps the acid reflux down.

Try that regimen and you’ll have many more holiday feasts ahead.

John
And a Few Tumms, for the gas & heartburn

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought to the gathering a bottle of Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 101 10yr old. This was bottled about 20 years ago. In 2005 Russell's Reserve was changed and being bottled at 90 proof. The cork broke on this bottle upon uncorking. The last I saw, bottles of this for sale on-line the were going for $700. I bought a dusty case of it 10 years ago for $30 a bottle. I have one left.

I keep antacids by my bed. My acid reflux is mostly kept in check but every so often, it bothers me. Glad you enjoyed my little story/joke.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Daughter planned our meal. I suggested one of each for our next meal in a month, instead of 2 meats, 2 veggies, 2 tatoes, 2 cranberry dishes, 2 drinks and 2 desserts. Her boyfriend suggested a very rich dish for each one that would enable us to overdo it again in spite of the counts decreasing. Burp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts