Shotgun Forum banner

The 2006 Remington 1100 Competition Gun

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  WinM12 
Ulysses said:
As to teflon, the Breakfree CLP and Rem Oil both contain teflon so why try to put it on permanently? Also, if you've looked at any old skillets that are teflon coated, you'll see that the coating often starts flaking and peeling off after a year or two of use. I don't think I'd want my gun looking like the bottom of some of the teflon skillets I've seen. :wink:
With regaurds to the several people who have questioned the Nickle-Teflon reciever assembly, I too had questions regaurding it's utility and durability. I made mention of the new 1100 to my father (who runs a plating shop) and he said it's not so much a teflon "coating" as it is teflon impregnated into the nickle plating, and he seemed to think it would make the parts easier to clean, and felt that if done correctly it wouldent suffer any undue wear. So it looks like finish could actually be beneficial to functionality as well as appearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.