Shotgun Forum banner

The 2006 Remington 1100 Competition Gun

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  WinM12 
The 1100 Competition looks fine and is evidence that Remington knows what we've been doing to all those vintage 1100 field guns before shooting them in competition.

I nearly fell of the bench when I saw a deadly serious skeet shooter pull out his K gun and his K1100 the other day. Shot one round with the O/U and rest with his worked over 1100 field. He liked "feel" of the 1100 better :roll:

Stock shims--only need them when the "sporting clays" stock is so fat that it needs to be moved out of the way of my pudgy cheek. For me the 1100 needs no shims. Brownings 525 or a Weatherby SC have thicker stocks. Beretta Urika, no need, Extrema needs shims.

Of the recent crop of high tech semi-auto's the Benelli Competition is very nice--trim, carbon fiber, recoil reducing stock all for about $1800.00. This one continues to tempt me.

But 1100 Competition may end up on the range with me because I still shoot 1100s or 870s beter than many of the shotguns I've had the pleasure to shoot.

The only down-side I see to the 1100 competition gun is that it is scheduled for Spring 2006 introduction, so I cannot get one for my birthday..... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.