Shotgun Forum banner

The 2006 Remington 1100 Competition Gun

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  WinM12 
WinM12 said:
I doubt Beretta or Browning sell many of their high end autoloaders, and Remington may follow suit. But these deluxe guns do lend some prestige to each family of autoloaders. That alone may make it worthwhile to market these guns.
I posed a question through the Remington Help Center, basically, "Is this new gun a replacement for some models or a supplement.

Here is the answer I received direct from Remington;

Thank you for your inquiry. The new 1100 is a supplement and we do not fore-see deleting other models after this introduction.

TexasTon said:
Bout like the Teknys-----to me at least, what an ugly POS with that blue plastic insert and scroll work. Anyone ever tell them "less is more"?

Or is all this for the young crowd, I mean, that would surely appeal to someone with eye/ear/nose piercings?
I know what you mean, that was baically my reaction when I first saw a Teknys.

When it comes to the 1100's, my preference leans heavily to the Sporting 12 or the Classic Trap (for trap) over the 2006 Remington 1100 Competition Gun.

However, I have read heavy criticism on internet forums "that Remington should update their autoloaders". So they have tried that, time will tell how they are received.

Fortunately, as per my post of Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:37 pm on this thread, it appears Remington intends to continue with the more traditionaly finished 1100's. For me, that is good news because that is what I gravitate towards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.