Shotgun Forum banner

The 2006 Remington 1100 Competition Gun

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  WinM12 
Why is it these websites always seem to have the smallest possible picture of the gun? :x It looks like a "thumbnail" image. Oh well, at more than $1000 for an 1100, I wouldn't buy one anyway.

WinM12 said:
I'm not sure any autoloader is worth more than $1000, but I appreciate Remington's effort to revitalize their target grade guns. Buy American!
Agreed, and don't get me wrong - I'm a fan of the 1100. Even used to shoot 'em in all 4 skeet gauges :wink: , but I wouldn't go for an almost $1500 one over a decent used $400 gun. I just don't see that much more added value, but if I had pick one, I'd definately go with the 1100 over any Beretta semi-auto.

Ulysses said:
Question: If the barrel is bored out to .735", does it still use the standard Rem Chokes?
Website says: NOTE: ProBore™ chokes are not interchangeable with Rem™ Chokes.

Ulysses said:
...unless the "street price" on these guns is around $700 for the non-adjustable rib version, then I doubt Remington will sell many of them.
I'm not finding anything about an "adjustable rib", but maybe meant adjustable comb? You're right about the shim thing. Seems it would have been an easy, cost effective feature worth adding. Probably felt they wouldn't be able to charge for it like they can the comb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.