Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about having the same Benelli for waterfowling and for clay games. So I currently own a camo SBE 2 (16 yrs now) and shoot it well. Have had a 20 gauge M2 and until last year a 12 ga 30" Super Sport.

So I'm wondering if I can successfully turn a black 28" SBE 2 into a clays gun? I have a Wolf reduced power spring installed in my camo SBE 2 ( just installed two weeks ago) and it spits out the 2 3/4 dram target loads with no issues.

It's fair to say that I'm looking for a foul weather clays gun and if need be a gun that I could take to the marsh or goose pit, but for this gun primarily the skeet field and sporting clays course.

I'm going back and forth between the SBE 2, the Super Sport and possibly a used 12 ga Cordoba. Before anyone says get an A400, I have a 20 gauge with KO and sold the 28 gauge A400. Both are excellent guns, but I'm trying to create "one sight picture or sight plane" when shooting my SA's, like how you would with a tubed O/U (which I have).

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time,
RSR

·
Registered
388 Posts
If your SBE will cycle the target loads your want to use just use that gun. Otherwise I'd get an M2, that's what I use for a do all shotgun and I have no issues with it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm not sure I'd put a wolf reduced spring in and then shoot 3 and 3.5 shells too. Bolt will likely run out of stroke and hit back of receiver hard.

·
Super Moderator
8,779 Posts
Redsoilreaper said:
I've been thinking about having the same Benelli for waterfowling and for clay games. So I currently own a camo SBE 2 (16 yrs now) and shoot it well. Have had a 20 gauge M2 and until last year a 12 ga 30" Super Sport.

So I'm wondering if I can successfully turn a black 28" SBE 2 into a clays gun? I have a Wolf reduced power spring installed in my camo SBE 2 ( just installed two weeks ago) and it spits out the 2 3/4 dram target loads with no issues.

It's fair to say that I'm looking for a foul weather clays gun and if need be a gun that I could take to the marsh or goose pit, but for this gun primarily the skeet field and sporting clays course.

I'm going back and forth between the SBE 2, the Super Sport and possibly a used 12 ga Cordoba. Before anyone says get an A400, I have a 20 gauge with KO and sold the 28 gauge A400. Both are excellent guns, but I'm trying to create "one sight picture or sight plane" when shooting my SA's, like how you would with a tubed O/U (which I have).

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time,
RSR
One sight picture with a Beretta!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PO - absolutely correct about the 3" & 3.5" shells. The wolf reduced power spring will only be used if shooting clays with that SBE 2. The factory recoil spring will be installed before hunting season.

Dr. Duk - true about the Beretta's and I've had a few, but I like the Benelli's more......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts