Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a small town of 6000 population. Yesterday I went to the skeet range about 2.5 miles from my house and shot 4 rounds by myself and was home in a little over an hour. We have a voice activated system which allows you to shoot solo. The brand is Long Range.
How far do you have to travel to shoot skeet?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
A lot further with a lot more traffic than I must travel to shoot twilight short-course sporting for $6/25.

That is the primary reason I now shoot much more sporting than skeet.

·
Registered
22,739 Posts
I live 3 miles from Indiana Gun Club, don't shoot trap or skeet, I shoot sporting clays, cost me $0.28 per target, so $28.00 for a round.

cdb

Reactions: SanRemo32

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in a small town of 6000 population. Yesterday I went to the skeet range about 2.5 miles from my house and shot 4 rounds by myself and was home in a little over an hour. We have a voice activated system which allows you to shoot solo. The brand is Long Range.
25 MINUTES FOR ME.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
It's 45 minutes but well worth it to shoot a round for $3.50!
That is a very low price. We have our own range run by the HOA. Two skeet fields, two trap and a five stand. At present the fee is $8.56 a round. A box of clays is over $30.00 and is good for five flights, so just the clay cost is + / - half of the fee. Maintenance and upkeep takes the rest. The number of shooters has been way down for the past 1 1/2 years and we recently replaced several machines.
Does your course have an annual membership fee?
Oh, it is 5 minutes from my house.

·
Registered
Fabarms L4s Initial Hunter Compact
479 Posts
40 minutes. I can be at four public hunting areas in 35 minutes or less. It's closer to go hunting!

My club is installing a voice activated auto system right now. I am sure it will be really popular. My "small town" is about 250,000 people for the city and outlying areas.

Club fees for unlimited use, indoor pistol and archery ranges, skeet, trap and a new Sporting Clays course being built... a walk through archery "golf course"... $70 a year.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
The joys of living in a Metropolis!!

I live in the suburbs of Washington DC! It's 8 miles from my house to my club as the crow flies, but takes me about 13 minutes to drive it.

I can go to the club most nights of the week and choose which of the 8 trap/skeet fields I want to shoot on. I've owned a Clay Delay for a decade now, and I get a lot of use out of it. In fact, it's so close to the club, sometimes I just drive over to see what's going on, or to let the dog swim in the pond, or to see who's winning the card game in the club house!!

Sure do love living this close to one of the greatest gun clubs on the east coast!

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
It takes me 1 hour 6 minutes to get to a good 5 stand & sporting clays course. I go once a week sometimes twice if there is an event. I probably wouldn't travel that far to shoot skeet. Not saying that skeet isn't fun, but I prefer sporting clays and 5 stand over skeet and trap.

BTW a town of 6,000 isn't small. I live near a town with a population of 549 and I live 9 miles outside of that. There are 6 families on the 5 mile stretch of road I live on.

I'll gladly travel the hour plus, to shoot great targets on an uncrowded course. And be able to laugh while someone is shooting and not get a dirty look!!

Reactions: SanRemo32
1 - 20 of 46 Posts