Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To ensure proper aim, a well fitting gun is a must. If you feel off balance while holding your gun, chances are it is too big and that can cause problems. If a gun is too small you won't be able to get your head in the right position to aim. "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"Edited by: goldenhunter02 at: 1/7/03 1:01:26 am

·
Registered
263 Posts
My other part of the tip! : Assumming you are right handed raise your right elbow up (this makes a pocket in your shoulder which makes you put your gun in the same place everytime!) Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you have your angles mixed up, that would put your elbow at or over your head. :eek I think you meant 45-60 degrees.:smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like someone failed geometry... =) A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Umm no actually i had an A in geometry Seriously it is 100 to 140 (being the most) degrees frome YOUR SIDE!! :hat Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All shooters must keep in mind that every person is different... if 90 degrees or less works well for you and you hit what you are aiming at, that is great. If 100 degrees or better works for you then that is good also. The point is to have the best pocket you can for maximum control over YOUR gun. Try a bunch of different angles in your mirror or at the range and you will be able to get it perfect for you. :) :smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"Edited by: goldenhunter02 at: 12/18/02 12:31:29 am

·
Registered
83 Posts
SCG... If I had my elbow 100 degrees from my side that would mean that my elbow would be level with the top of my ear.Do you really shoot like that? My wrist won't bend far enough for my elbow to go that high. I think it'd be interesting watching you shoot like that.Oooh... I think I'll start a thread on the most interesting or strangest way you've seem someone shoot clays... A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes i actually shoot like that. People have always said i shoot like and old man. My feet are close together, my elbow is up, and i don't lean foward. Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To each his own.. if you have make the clays break that way, then PERFECT!!! I wanna see a pic of you shooting that way so I can understand exactly what you are talking about. You think that could be arranged?:smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
There is another tip within a tip.....practice mounting the shotgun in front of a mirror. You can see proper shotgun placement, the sight picture, and you can build muscle memory by mounting the gun.Oh were we fellas s'posed to contribute to that too?? There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see why not. Any input that might help someone is always appericiated. :) :smokin "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
goldenhunter02World Class Shotgun Mom and ModeratorPosts: 176(12/23/02 9:00:42 pm)The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Use low recoil target loads when practicing. Shotgun shells containing 7/8 to 1 oz shot will work nicely for this. The lower amount of shot with more powder gives these shells high velocity, low recoil, and excellent pattern integrity. Many competition shooters prefer these light loads even under tough conditions that can be found at tournaments. "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays" MarlandSMaster ArchivistPosts: 681(12/24/02 5:44:53 pm)Re: The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But that would be a heavy load for my .410.. Sporting Clays Girl Women's Shotgun ExpertPosts: 453(12/26/02 9:26:52 pm)Re: The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Umm unless you shoot competition then you practice with what you are going to shoot at competition! Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best. Rick618Shotgun ExpertPosts: 494(12/26/02 9:50:23 pm)Re: The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But you dont always get to practice with what you compete with, say at the National?? They have some nice factory heavy loads all ready to go with the logo and everything. There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity. Sporting Clays Girl Women's Shotgun ExpertPosts: 457(12/26/02 10:39:08 pm)Re: The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well yea but thats at the grand nationals! I mean come on and they are just AA's. Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best. Rick618Shotgun ExpertPosts: 504(12/28/02 8:35:45 am)Re: The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think you need to check the hulls as they are not "just AA's" as you say....they are a hotter than normal or an above average factory shell.I have shot with Bill Parsons at Dixie and have a bunch of the hulls from the leftover cases that he brought back. There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity. Sporting Clays Girl Women's Shotgun ExpertPosts: 464(12/28/02 9:58:33 am)Re: The Weekly Shooting Tip-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The ones my brother has gotten when he's went to the grands (since i haven't ever been D*mnit) all say Southwestern Grand American, or Grand American! and winchester manufactures them, and i've shot the actual shell and they seemed the same went straight from store bought AA's to grand american AA's and htye shot the same Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best. "I can raise kids and still kick your *** in clays"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts