Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aren't the words big and small relative? What better means to explain that than shotgun cartridges? :lol:

That's an 8 bore and a 10 bore cartridge

a 2" 12 bore for comparison :wink:

Enjoy.

Best-
Vikram

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Thank you for posting that - it is really impressive!!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 8 bore guns are even more impressive.Massive t say the least.

Did any one observed the description on the Eley 12 bore Rocket cartridges?Any idea what they are? Never knew of such ammo.Thanks.

aiken said:
I actually have a friend with an 8ga shotgun. Do you have any shells in that size for sale?
I was under the impression that 8 bores are not legal in US.BTW, I live in UK,so I cannot help you.Sorry.

Best-
Vikram

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Deerbuster said:
You can have a 4 gauge in the US too, you just can't hunt with them.
I have numerous friends with 8 gages, both singles and SXS. One who specializes in building and rebuilding them.

Ever shoot a 4 gage? It's a blast! Pun intended! Only once here, a single that weighed about 15 pounds and was close to 6 feet over all in length. Just smoked the bird from the 27 yard line, (with cylinder bore), everyone else, miss or chippy/chippy, but that is another story!

The gages go right on, larger from a 1 gage, (a one pound lead ball size), into Alpha type designations. I have seen a "K" gage, shoulder stocked muzzle loading gun. Would I consider shooting it? No thanks!

Oh, those "Rocket" cartridges are a type of tracer round.

Clyde

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Bbear said:
Anyone have a good 1 oz 8 gauge load?
:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They seem to start with two oz. and go up from there!

Clyde

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.