• Ithaca

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 16.1%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
Well, Browning got my vote for most satisfied, and least satisfied, the 525 gets top honors for least satisfied. My other choice was Remington, all my Remington shotguns have been very reliable guns, but my 1100 16 Ga is most disappointing, 26 inch barrel, and weighing in at over 8 pounds, Remington screwed the pooch on that one, if they just would have built it to scale, or on the 20 Ga frame, it could have been a real winner instead of such a loser.

cdb

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
I picked Mossberg as the 5500 MKII I once owned like to break firing pins on a more than regular basis and the 9200 which I was given to replace it would not run properly, even after a couple of trips to the factory. The second one was not much better and it, too, went back.

I have no complaints with the 500 and 590 pumps nor the 512 bolt action slug gun. They were reliable and functional at the minimum which is what is most important.

Huglu got my second vote though Stoeger and Others were heavily considered. I was not impressed with many of the earlier Huglus that came out as they seemed to be rather rough and crude in workmanship. They look much better today but those owned by friends seem to be problematic and often make trips to the gunsmith for repair.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Wasn't sure how to answer the query. Since I haven't owned an example of all listed, there no possibility to honestly compare. Therefore, I pick the 2 I'd would never purchase.

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
CZ and Stoeger

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did you mean which gun I would least want to own under any circumstance? If that is the case I am willing to receive any gun anyone doesn't want because I just like guns.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
My "other" vote is for Ruger. I've had happy experiences with all the Ruger rifles and hand guns I've owned save for the Mini-14 Target. I am terribly disappointed, so far, in its accuracy potential. I knew it would never be an absolute tack-driver but I sure thought I could do better than I have so far. Oh, well; I'll keep looking for the bullet/powder combination that works.

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
Vette Jockey said:
My "other" vote is for Ruger. I've had happy experiences with all the Ruger rifles and hand guns I've owned save for the Mini-14 Target. I am terribly disappointed, so far, in its accuracy potential. I knew it would never be an absolute tack-driver but I sure thought I could do better than I have so far. Oh, well; I'll keep looking for the bullet/powder combination that works.
It was "shotguns" that leave me least satisfied.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
VTHokiesDuckHunter said:
Vette Jockey said:
It was "shotguns" that leave me least satisfied.
Duh! You are right. :oops:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My vote was for Benelli and Beretta. It has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with fit.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I didn't vote on this one. I haven't actually had any really poor experiences with shotguns.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I hear things really click with Benelli owners........should get alot of votes for least and most.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Again, I'm late to the game, but I would put Stoeger at the top of my list of the worst guns I have every used. While their service department worked quickly, they didn't correct the problems which were present in my friend's Stoeger Condor. As far as fit, finish and functionality, it was a terrible gun.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
woodward said:
Any Turkish turd should be avoided at all cost.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I absolutely love my Dickinsons - both of them. I wish I had bought a Smith & Wesson Elite Gold or a Kimber Valier when they were available........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
21,795 Posts
woodward said:
Any Turkish turd should be avoided at all cost.
That would save me a lot on shells, since 90%+ of my shooting is done with CZ/Huglu, Dickinson, Tristar, and Weatherby shotguns.

cdb

1 - 20 of 43 Posts