Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the synthetic version of the Beretta AL391 and was thinking about changing it. It's a great gun but it is very heavy. After a full days shooting i find that my arms are pulled off me. It's not a must change scenario but i would like a wee change anyway. I was thinking about the Winchester SX3 Field or maybe the camo version but im not sure if there will be much difference in weight. I am also aware it would not take a massive amount of money to change either. I had also spotted the Beretta AL391 Light. I wonder how much lighter it really is?? Im sure it would be a very expensive gun. All info and suggestions welcome.

Many Thanks
Stephen, Northern Ireland.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Stephan, Consider the Franchi Al 48 in 20 gauge if you need something light enough to carry all day. A sweet little gun and not to expensive. Abbyridge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that il have a look only i dont think id go for a 20bore auto. I have a 20bore over and under, great gun.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Rather than changing guns, you might consider changing you... Start a conditioning program, push-ups, sit-ups, jogging or light running. Some bar bell or dumb bell curls would help also. If you don't have one and don't feel like buying one, a bar bell is easy to make with a piece of pipe and 2 coffee cans full of cement.

Another option would be to put a sling on it. sure makes carrying a gun from place to place when your not on point a whole lot easier.

Of course, if' your just wanting to change guns... Forget everything I said. :D

bd

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the SX3 field (walnut) runs 6 3/4 pounds for the 26-inch barrel (that's what I have) and 7 pounds for the 28. Compare that to your Beretta. Just guessing, but I bet the most you'll be saving is half a pound and unless you just want to buy a new gun, I'd think that's hardly worth it. A good sling is maybe $30 and a new SX3 will run $700 to $1000+.

I can highly recommend the SX3 if you just want a new toy, but if it's really weight you want to shed, the consensus would seem to be the 20 ga. Franchi AL48.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts