Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a 10 days before Christmas, I ordered 2 flats of Federal TopGun Target 1250 fps 1oz 7.5 shotshells directly from Federal's website. They cost more than I liked $10.99/box ($11.87/box including free shipping over $149, taxes, and delivered to my porch), but they were less per box than driving local within 40 mile radius to garner two flats when including driving all over to buy shells 2-4 boxes at a time, with tax, gas cost, and aggravation in traffic. I received the shipment in about a week.

The interesting thing was the charge on my credit card for the Federal product went to Remington Anoka, MN. Federal and Remington financially connected????

JB

·
Registered
98 Posts
I took this down once as rude and unnecessary, I wouldn't repost it again if I were you.
Steve
Sorry-- just ribbing the guy a little, didn't mean to cause offense. When the first one disappeared I thought it was a glitch with my computer or the site, didn't realize it had been deleted.

OP-- Vista acquired Remington's ammo business during the bankruptcy a little over a year ago. My not-so-funny post was a suggestion you might have known that with a little googling.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bosni,

I knew that Vista had the ammo unit, but I would've thought the financial billing for Federal ammo would have been to Federal or a related subsidiary. The company I worked for bought entities, merged, etc, and new names for subsidiaries came out before the ink dried.

Not worried about your post which I haven't seen. I have thick skin. I am 67 years old and been there and done that many times. Unless you are messing with my family or financials....I don't care. I don't look to the internet for validation or praise.

JB

·
Registered
519 Posts
I saw the post and I viewed it as a little harmless ribbing. Certainly didn’t seem over the top or offensive, but I appreciate the moderators trying to keep things civil.

·
Super Moderator
8,331 Posts
I saw the post and I viewed it as a little harmless ribbing. Certainly didn’t seem over the top or offensive,
Just curious what was wrong with the post? It was a question?
From the rules of the forum
2. There is never a GOOD reason to insult someone.
3. Do you treat people like this in face-to-face social events?
4. You weren't born with the knowledge, so at some point you must have known absolutely nothing about shotguns, too.
5. People helped you out....return the favor.
10. Respond with courtesy and respect. Picture yourself talking to the other person face-to-face if you have to.
11. "Friendliest gun forum on the net" is something we make every effort to protect.
Steve

·
Registered
169 Posts
4. You weren't born with the knowledge, so at some point you must have known absolutely nothing about shotguns, too.
10. Respond with courtesy and respect. Picture yourself talking to the other person face-to-face if you have to.
11. "Friendliest gun forum on the net" is something we make every effort to protect.
Steve
Steve,
Had to read a couple times, but figured out you deleted the rude post, as I logged in after you deleted, so all I got was the first post. Glad you deleted the rude post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Steve
Your house, your rules. I stand corrected and will do my best to observe these rules in the future. Sorry for any inconvenience.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Steve
I think it would have been better context if you quoted my full post. I wasn’t looking for an explanation with my post, I merely gave my opinion that I took it as harmless ribbing. I also mentioned that I appreciated the attempts to keep things civil.

edit: of course I tried to respond to the post that included my earlier post, and somehow I didn’t. You can delete this because clearly I didn’t provide context.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I used to buy 5k shells at a go. Not cheap. More convenient for shooting. When steel shells came out they were silly cheap. I must have bought 50k over 2 years. I reloaded, but not any serious volumes. Flat delivery fee helps. But i went local. Sadly had to be tied down to one shell for this. 24gram -7/8oz 1400fps i also bought small quants of BB shells, 4s,2s. And some soft nontox fowling loads.

·
Super Moderator
8,331 Posts
Your house, your rules.
Its not my house and I had nothing to do with writing the rules. But I have been asked by Admin to enforce the rules.
The ones I am paying very close attention to are the ones that pertain to how we treat each other. The snarky/rude comments and the ones full of sarcasm have to stop. If they dont I will delete every one I find.
So before you hit this button
Rectangle Font Display device Brand Automotive exterior
, remember this
Steve

·
Registered
675 Posts
I appreciate the policing of rude/snarky posts. Another forum I frequent does not seem to offer this, and seems to at times encourages it. It's very boorish and stifles conversation, I'm a skeet. Shooter and have never worn a pink Tutu.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My guess would be Remington has better credit card rates/ fees than federal, so they use Remington to save money since they own both.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts