Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a house fire August of last year ('07) and lost 45 guns all together. UGH. *Note...gun safes are not "Fire Proof", just fire-resistant up to a certain temperature when everything inside finally ignites. I found this pistol, in it's almost completely melted factory case, after a full week of sifting through the ashes for anything worth saving. Even the manual in the case was un-touched. The irony of the whole situation is that this pistol just happened to be the ONLY gun out of 46 in my posession that I didn't own. I bought it for a buddy that signed up in the Navy and was holding onto it until he got out to give as a home-coming gift.

The only damage done to the gun was a bit of spot rust (from the water used to put out the fire) that you can see in this pic that is easily remedied. All of the other guns had split and bent barrels, stocks completely burnt, all the scopes were blown out, and were covered in rust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.