Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven`t got the pictures back from my guide but, I had a great day at Currituck Sound,NC. Between the 2 of us,we killed 14 ducks(mixed bag of mallards,widgeon,teal, hooded mergansers and buffleheads).Just wanted too thank Aaron and Jeremy for the great hunt!

Loren Belflowers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Glad someone had a great day hunting in NC, so far the season has been a bust for me. I'm assuming you when on a guided hunt. I'm also in NC and I'm considering getting with a guide to try and get some ducks. What guide did you go with, how did you like the experience and guides, was the price fair fair for the quality,etc.... Do they have a website or something???

·
Registered
538 Posts
Loren,

Congratulations on a good hunt! I've been a guest at the Lighthouse Club the last couple of years and enjoyed a week of waterfowling each time.

If you used a guide service, let us know who they were. Always good to give props to the good ones!

- PJ

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Prices look good. Service sounds good. I may have to check them out . . . My wife's friend just moved to your state recently and my wife wants to go for a visit . . . I may have to join her now and take a little side trip!!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Loren Belflowers said:
I think you are talking of the mergansers,I don`t know.Probably won`t know how bad they are,got about a knife blade of breast meat off of them. The fellas said that would be enough!

Loren
:D :D :D
Yes, let us know... I think the fellas are probably right. The game commission here advises against eating mergs because the ones here probably contain a lot of contaminants from all the fish they eat. PCBs or mercury, one or both, I don't recall. I'll shoot them to protect the trout, though!

Jeremiah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.