Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, figured some Mossberg fans would like this old iron!
My wife's best friends father died a couple of years ago and her friends mother still had his shot gun in the closet and wanted to get rid of it. None of the family wanted it so my wife's friend called and asked if I wanted it, I said sure, I will take care of it and you know were it is if anyone ever wants it. I asked if she new what type it was and she did not know and that her and her mother would drop it off.
I thought I have seen them all till this one, the mother said her husband bought it new about 50 years ago, it is a Mossberg 200K, magazine fed, pump action built from 1955 to 1959. The first pump action Mossberg made, the father of the model 500 you could say![;)] It also has an adjustable -C-LECT-CHOKE-
Very unique firearm for sure, and it sure was nice of them to think of me as the caretaker of their fathers/husbands shotgun.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That is really cool! Never seen, let-a-lone knew they made one like that. Did you get the pamphlet with the gun? Nice Prize!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is one from the back of the safe, I bought it from a friend in the 70's
Mossberg 183T .410 full choke 2 1/2 - 3" shells #1006XXX
Any one have an idea what year it was made?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I guess I could say now I've seen it all,but as soon as I do, someone will post a picture of another forgotten beauty.Thanks for this one.

HWD

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Nice catch and one heck of a find... That is the first 200k I've ever seen.
I wasn't aware of that model myself.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
You should send this to the mOssberg collectors association. I think the link is on their website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
salvo said:
Here is one from the back of the safe, I bought it from a friend in the 70's
Mossberg 183T .410 full choke 2 1/2 - 3" shells #1006XXX
Any one have an idea what year it was made?
Mossberg models/years made at http://www.gun-data.com/Mossberg_models_years.html.

I have a 200k pump. One heck of a shotgun. The 200K and 200D were made 55-56. The 200K-a and 200D-a were 57-59. Difference was a redesigned stock to account for a weak spot. Difference between the K and D was the K had a Select a choke and D had changable chokes.

·
Registered
22,913 Posts
I never knew it existed, I really love the prices on the pamphlet. :D

cdb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.