Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just thinking about adding a angleport kinetic end cap on my teknys 391. :? Anybody want to throw their 2 cents in on the subject. Do they work? :?: Are they worth the $100 price tag? :?: Does the gun balance better or worse with them on? :?: Should i put the 100 bucks into shells. :idea: Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
9,060 Posts
I have one of the Angleport kinetic end caps on my back-up gun.

Personally, I believe the C&H research mercury recoil reducer works better and it costs about $35 less.

The C&H is heavier which is probably why it works better.

I also have a C&H in my stock.

One thing I would definitely recommend is the 9 oz magazine weight that Angleport sells. I have a 9 oz and a 5 oz. The 5 oz is in my back-up gun, the 9 oz is in my primary gun.

The combination of the magazine weight, and the C&H recoil reducers balances the gun perfectly - IMO - The balance point is exactly where the forearm joins the reciever, which is exactly between my hands.

(I don't like recoil) :D :D

Emerson

·
Registered
210 Posts
Put one on my sporting Urika, found it made it front heavy and was the straw that threw the balance off. The 30" sporting bbl with extended optima chokes just feels good, without the extra weight. As to the recoil reduction, I didn't feel any appreciable difference, but recoil has never been an issue for me.
I gave it to a frend and he put it on his backup, an older mobile choke 391. He said it gave him a smoother swing and he now shoots the backup more than his new 391. I gave it a go with his older 391 and it seemed to balance better. Things to mention, the mobile choke barrels are slightly lighter and it was a 28" not a 30"(like I shoot). Borrow one, you may not like it. If you like it, buy one, it is a quality product.

TJ

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have one on my 391 28" sporting and it balances great. Key is to put the 5 oz weight in the stock to balance it out. Angleport can tell you the weight that is needed in the back, but it makes the gun come to the shoulder smooth and well balanced and helps me follow through. The Beretta recoil reducer made my gun stock heavy and did not encourage me to follow through due to all the weight in the back and a light front end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have both the BS and the graco, and another one which escapes me. I like the graco end cap the best. 8 ounces vs 6.5. The graco seems to work better for me. The other solution is the graco 10 oz magazine reducer and leave the standard endcap or add one for additional weight.

The 391 is more muzzle heavy so the 8 oz graco seems to give me the best balance and performance. However it is a very personal thing to balance a gun to your liking.

My 391 has a 10 oz magazine reducer and graco end cap which is perfect for me. But that combination is far too heavy to suit me in the 391. It makes my teksys feel real dead to swing. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts